A common concern of hospice care is that your loved one is placed in a facility where little attention is paid to them, or that their unique requirements are not being met.
At Hospice of South Louisiana, nothing could be farther from the truth. First of all, hospice is a service, and not necessarily a location or a facility. That being said, our hospice care professionals can make you feel right at home with individualized care wherever you may be. Our loving and dedicated staff of patient palliative professionals offers the kind of positive, uplifting care that have earned us adoration among patients and their relatives alike.
At Hospice of South Louisiana, our approach with our patients is far from one-size-fits-all. We pride ourselves in adhering to many best practices that set the industry gold standard by encouraging the independence and individualism of the people we serve.
- Our staff is trained to listen to the needs of those we serve and respond promptly.
- We don’t just rely on our in-house physicians when determining a course of action with our patients.
We look at each patient’s care from a historical perspective that involves seeking input from other medical professionals with a stake in our patients’ treatment.
Our medical director will consult with the patient’s attending physician on pain and symptom management, when necessary.
- In accordance with this policy, our patients’ primary care physicians are encouraged to continue to follow their patient’s care throughout their time with us.
- We always support the goals of our patients and their families when it comes to their quality of life.
- We offer customized grief and bereavement support for our patients based on their individual needs.
- Following the death of a patient, our nurses and other staff offer unwavering support to their families.
Personal & Palliative Services Customized to Each Patient
- Our professionally trained nurse aids tend to all of their personal care needs.
- Social workers offer individualized emotional support, counseling, and access to community resources to aid and enrich the lives of our residents.
- Volunteers compliment our care with much-appreciated ongoing companionship and assistance.
- We perform individual assessments and acquisitions of all necessary medical supplies related to patients’ primary ailment.
- A variety of therapy options, including physical, occupational, and speech, are offered when medically needed.
- 24/7/365 support for any emergencies that arise.
- Spiritual guidance provided by seasoned and compassionate chaplains.
- Meticulous monitoring of medications related to the patient’s terminal illness.
Call Us Today for Individualized Hospice Care Tomorrow
At Hospice of South Louisiana, our compassionate care program allows our patients to live the rest of their lives to the very fullest.
Our loving and nurturing staff greets everyone with open arms and provides each person with the end-of-life care they deserve.
We invite you to experience for yourself the individualized affection that stands at the very heart of everything we do at the Hospice of South Louisiana.
Contact us today to get started on your path to customized care tomorrow.